The Ministry of Information and Communication Technology acknowledges technology's transformative power
in driving economic growth, strengthening public services, and increasing overall societal development.
In accordance with this vision, the following policy directions are proposed to capitalize on the potential
of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for the benefit of our state.
A. Establishment of ICT Directorate:
Objective: To centralize and streamline ICT initiatives,
coordination, and policy implementation across all government departments and agencies.
- Establish an ICT Directorate within the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology to oversee and coordinate ICT-related activities.
- Develop a comprehensive ICT strategy aligned with national and international standards
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective implementation and monitoring of ICT projects and initiatives
- Promote capacity building and knowledge sharing within the public sector
B. Expansion and Training of Public Servants in ICT:
To equip public servants with the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively
utilize ICT tools and technologies.
- Identify ICT training needs across different government departments and agencies.
- Develop and implement comprehensive training programs to enhance ICT literacy and competency.
- Collaborate with educational institutions and industry partners to provide specialized ICT training opportunities.
- Encourage continuous learning and professional development in ICT through certifications and workshops.
C. Provision of Free Internet in Public Institutions:
To enhance digital access and promote the use of online services in public institutions.
- Identify public institutions with high demand for internet access, such as schools, libraries, and government offices.
- Develop partnerships with internet service providers to provide free and reliable internet connectivity in selected public institutions.
- Ensure appropriate security measures are in place to protect users' privacy and data.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of free internet provision and make necessary improvements based on user feedback.
D. Installation of Digital Surveillance System in Strategic Areas of the State:
To enhance public safety and security through the use of digital surveillance technologies.
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment to identify strategic areas that require enhanced surveillance.
- Collaborate with law enforcement agencies and relevant stakeholders to deploy an integrated digital surveillance system.
- Ensure compliance with privacy laws and regulations, implementing necessary safeguards to protect citizens' privacy.
- Establish monitoring and response mechanisms to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the surveillance system.
E. Strengthening of Road Security through Digitalization:
To improve road safety through the application of digital technologies.
- In partnership with transportation and law enforcement organizations, develop and implement a comprehensive digital road security strategy.
- Implement intelligent transportation technologies, such as traffic monitoring cameras, intelligent traffic signals, and vehicle tracking systems.
- To strengthen enforcement and accountability, create a consolidated database for driver's licenses and car registration.
- Use digital media to promote public awareness campaigns on road safety and responsible driving.
F. Introduction and Teaching of Coding in the Educational Curriculum:
To foster a future-ready workforce and promote digital literacy, the Ministry will introduce coding education
in the educational curriculum..
- Collaborate with the Ministry of Education to integrate coding and computer science into the curriculum at various educational levels.
- Develop teacher training programs to equip educators with the necessary skills to teach coding effectively.
- Establish partnerships with the private sector and technology organizations to provide resources, mentorship, and internship opportunities for students interested in coding.
- Create coding clubs and competitions to encourage student participation and foster a culture of innovation and problem-solving.
Implementation and Monitoring:
- Create a detailed implementation plan for each policy direction, including dates, resource allocation, and responsibilities.
- Establish systems for monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness and impact of each policy direction.
- Review and revise policies on a regular basis depending on emerging technologies, stakeholder comments, and changing societal demands.
This policy direction aims to leverage ICT to drive digital transformation, enhance connectivity,
improve public services, strengthen security, and equip the workforce with the necessary skills
for the digital age. By implementing these initiatives, the ministry will contribute to the
overall development and competitiveness of the state, fostering innovation, economic growth,
and social progress.