Profile of Chief Donatus Odi Njoku (JP)
Chief Donatus Odi Njoku (JP) was born on April 25, 1964. He hails from Aguenu Umuniko Isu in Isu Autonomous Community of Onicha Local Govt. Area, Ebonyi State
SCHOOLS ATTENDED WITH DATES
- National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) 2009 - 2012
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma 2000 - 2004
- Isu Secondary School, Isu 1983 - 1988
- Umuniko Primary School, Isu. 1977 - 1983
CERTIFICATES OBTAINED WITH DATES
- M.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution (PCR) - 2012
- B.Sc. Public Administration - 2007
- General Certificate of Education – GCE - 1988
- First School Leaving Certificate - FSLC - 1983
WORK EXPERIENCE WITH DATE
- Sec. defunct National Republican Convention, ONLG - 1989-1991
- Sup for works, housing, land and survey, ONLG - 1991-1993
- National President Isuokoma Development Union - 1991-1994
- Supervisory Councilor for works and housing, ONLG - 1997-1998
- Executive Chairman Onicha LGA - Jun. 1999 - May 2002
- Chairman, Transition Committee Onicha LG - Aug. 2003 - Jan. 2004
- Executive Chairman Onicha LGA - April 2004 - April 2007
- Chairman Caretaker Committee, ONLG - April 2007 - Oct. 2007
- Coordinator, SURE-P (CSWYE) Ebonyi South - Nov. 2012nn - May 2015
- Commissioner for Solid Mineral Prod. Comm. - July 2015 - Sept. 2016
- Comm. for Economic Empowerment & Job Creation - Sept 2016 - Jun 2017
- Commissioner for Environment - June 2017 - May 2019
- Commissioner for Commerce and Industry - August 2019 - Date
- Attended over 100 Workshops, Seminars and Trainings in Human Management, Capacity Building and General Administration.
MAJOR AWARDS AND HONOURS WITH DATES
EBONYI State Govt. Merit Award on Poverty Eradication - 1999
- Ebonyi State PDP Commendation/Merit Award - 2002
- Best Local Govt. Chairman Award by NULGE Ebonyi State - 2002
- Community Service Award by Rotary Club of Nig. Abakaliki - 2002
- Ebonyi State Govt. Meritorious Service Award - 2007
- Merit Awards by NANS, NYCN, Organizations, Churches etc - 2009
- Excellence on Youth Empowerment by Nat. Asso. Ebo. Youths - May 2017
- Excellence on Environmental Sanitaion by NUJ Ebonyi State - Oct. 2017
- United Nations Peace Ambassador by UN-POLAC - May - 2018
- Laity Pillar, St. Catholic Dioceses of Abakaliki - Sept - 2018
- Most outstanding Public Officer of year 2018 by EBSG. - Dec.- 2018
- Excellence on Employment by Isu-Okoma Town Union - May 2019
- One of the best 10 commissioners of Ebonyi State by PAGGC - May 2019
The vision of the Ministry is the achievement of an accelerated pace of industrial development down the
grass root and the pursuit of sound commercial objectives that will transform the state into one of the
best trade zones and investors destination in Nigeria.
To develop bankable policies for stimulation and promotion of Commerce and Industry in the State.
To engender sustainable economic transformation of Ebonyi State, where industrial and commercial sectors will
be the prime movers of the economy, through guaranteed and intensified revenue generation.
To plan, improve and drive Ebonyi State policies on Trade Promotion, Commerce and industry.
In line with the vision of His Excellency Engr. Dave Umahi to make Ebonyi a worthy place for living, the Ministry of
Commerce and Industry has as one of her major functions as the generation of revenues to the state government
- Registration of business Premises fees.
- Haulage fees from quarry Industries in the state.
- Fees from registration of Cooperative Societies.
- Audit and supervision fees.