Chief (DR.) Moses Ogodoali Nomeh
was born on April 11, 1964. He hails from Ndufu Ogboji via Imoha in Ezza North Local Government Area.
INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED, CERTIFICATE(S) & DATES
- Enugu State University of Science & Technology - B.Sc Political Science 2004
- Abakpa Nike Community Secondary School (GCE) - SSC 1993
- Anambra State College of Agriculture Ikwo – Certificate in Animal Husbandry 1982
- Joint Comm. School, Achiagu – FSLC 1981
- Hon. Commissioner, Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources 2017-Date
- Hon. Commissioner, Ministry of Economic Empowerment and Job Creation 2017
- Hon. Commissioner Ministry of Environment 2015-2017
- Member II, Local Government Service Commission 2008-2014
- Executive Chairman, Imoha L.G.A (now Dc.) 2004-2007
- Chairman Transition Committee, Imoha L.G.A (now Dc.) 2003-2004
- Ag. Pioneer Chairman Imoha L.G.A (now Dc.) 2001-2002
- Liaison O fficer to First Executive Governor 2000-2001
- Member, Enugu State Rural Electrification Board 1992-1993
LEADERSHIP TRAINING AND CONFERENCE PARTICIPATION
1. World Agro Business Conference in London October, 2017
2. Nigeria – Chinese Business Forum in China April, 2017
3. Alternative Dispute Resolution Programme in Abuja 2008
MEMBERSHIP TO PROFESSIONAL & SOCIAL BODIES
- Member Nigeria Farmers association
- Member, Association of Professional Negotiators and Mediators of Nigeria
- Member, National Association of Political Scientists of Nigeria
SOCIO – POLITICAL PARTICIPATION(S)
- Member, PDP Ebonyi Central working Committee 2007
- Ebonyi Central Zonal Co-ordinator for PDP
- Gubernatorial & Presidential Campaigns 2007
- Treasurer, Association of Local Government of Nigeria Ebonyi State Chapter 2004-2007
- Member, PDP Gubernatorial Election Committee 2003
- Ebonyi State Organizing Secretary for defunt APP 1998-2000
- Vice Chairman defunt UNCP Ebonyi State 1997-1998
- Vice Chairman National NRC, Enugu State 1991-1992
- Auditor. NRC in Old Ezza LGA. 1990-1991
HONOURARY & COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARDS
- Honourary Doctorate in Theology, UTS Port Harcourt 2019
- African Magazine Award of Best Commissioner for Agriculture 2017
- Exceptional Leadership and Public Devotion Merit Award by Association of Progressive Nigerians in America 2009
- Best Chairman Award on Community Development by NYSC 2007
- Best Chairman on Rural Development in Ebonyi State by NYSC 2006
- Award of Honour by Society for promotion of Igbo Language and Culture
- Award of Excellence performance by ESUTH 2003
- Beast Chairman Award by NULGE Ebonyi State 2002
- Omeroha 1 of Ekka Community 2001
- Oka-ome of Imoha in Lagos 2002
- Imoha 1 of Imoha 2004
- Enyioha 1 of Umuoghara 2005
- Ikemba 1 of Ogboji 2006
- Enyioha 1 of Edda 2008
- Enyioha 1 of Ugwulangwu 2009
Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Abakaliki ,which has Hon. Barr. Orji Uchenna Orji as the
Honourable Commissioner, is saddled with the responsibility of the formulation and implementation of
agricultural policies and programmes of the state.
- Raising the farmers’ purchasing power by increasing their real income and improving the quality of life and living standard of the farmers and rural dwellers.
- Increase in food production to ensure attainment of a level of food security that will generate availability and affordability of food commodities to the populace.
- Creation of more agricultural and rural employment opportunities particularly for youths and rural dwellers.
- Reduction in farm drudgery by promoting and supporting appropriate farm mechanization technology.
- Encouraging the participation of youth and NGO¬s in agricultural activities through training and financial support.
- Production of agricultural raw materials to reduce the establishment/Expansion of agro-processing and agro-based industries.
- Empowerment of women folk in agricultural ventures through gender sensitive focal programmes.
- Provision of processing and storage facilities to increase shelf-life of agricultural produce and attract higher income to farmers, processors and marketers.
- Creation of a macro-environment that is conducive for the stimulation of greater private sector investment in agriculture and rural development.
- Promotion of increased application of modern/improved technology and management to agricultural production, processing, storage and distribution, so that agriculture can be more responsive to the demands of other sectors of the state economy.
- Provision of irrigation facilities to ensure all season agricultural production in Ebonyi State.
- Promotion of increased participation of farmers in processing export of agricultural produce.
- Revitalization of agricultural extension system to make it more responsive to the needs of our agricultural system and agro-ecological environment.
- Provision of rural infrastructures such as roads, electricity and water supply thereby creating an enabling environment for rural participation in agriculture in order to reduce rural urban migration.
- Preservation of the existing bio-diversity of different crop; improving the availability of and accessibility to farm inputs by the farmers at fair prices in a competitive market.
- Development and optimum utilization of human resources for the agricultural sector of the states’ economy, particularly at sub-professional levels.
- Protection and improvement of agricultural and water resources and preservation of the environment for optimal and sustainable agricultural production.
However, the ministry performs the underlisted functions as her mandate:
- Promotion of crop production, processing, preservation, packaging, storage and marketing.
- Inspection, grading and quality control of scheduled agricultural produce.
- Licensing of produce merchants.
- Promotion of animal production, health and husbandry.
- Control of animal movement and trans-boundary diseases.
- Promotion of fisheries development and regulation/control of artisanal fisheries activities.
- Procurement/production and distribution of agricultural inputs including fertilizers, agro-chemicals and improved seeds and seedlings.
- Carrying on-farm adaptive research and provision of extension services.
- Sourcing and provision of credit and loan facilities to formers, fisher folk and agro-processors.
- Provision of training facilities at sub-professional level.
- Provision of farm mechanization support to farmers.
- Development and maintenance of irrigation schemes and water control structures.
- Development of agro-industries on PPP basis and generally promoting the development of agro-industries.
- Relating and liaising with other States and Federal Government as well as other development partners in all matters relating to agriculture, food and fiber production.
The ministry has eight (8) Departments, six (6) Units and five (5) Parastatals which help in carrying out the functions.