Engr. Fidelis Kings Nweze(mnse), a native of Ezza South local government of Ebonyi state Nigeria.
He got his Civil Engineering degree from the Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu.
His primary and secondary eduction were completed in Central School Onueke Ezza and Ezza High School Amuzu respectively.
He worked as the Senior Civil Engineer (Maintenance and Training) in the Civil Engineering Department in Ebonyi
State Ministry of Works and Transport, Abakaliki. He is currently the Honourable Commissioner of Works.
- Enugu State University of Science & Technology (ESUT) Bachelor of Engineering-B. Eng. (Civil)
- Registered member, Council of the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) (R22,238) 2012.
- Corporate Member, Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE) (24379) 2010.
- Member, Nigeria Institute of Civil Engineers (NICE) (C.01551) 2012.
Ebonyi State Ministry of works & Transport strive hard to deliver the highest standard of excellence, quality
and safe service to Ebonyians. We strive to not only build projects, but to also build strong infrastructural
development in the State. With our commitment towards exceeding expectations, our State is our utmost priority
and our true success is rested on our able Governor, His Excellency (Chief) Engineer David Umahi.
According to the ministerial decision of the Executive Governor of Ebonyi State, Engr. Dav Umahi, dealing with
the organizational structure of Ministry of Works and Transport, the ministry is in charge of the following:
- Build, maintain and improve urban and rural road networks.
- Construct State public facilities and supervise their maintenance.
Supervise expenditure for constructions from the general budget, putting in mind some
of the Ebonyi dire necessity, and execute projects with coordination of State Government.
- Prepare the studies, conditions and specifications of State project plans.
- Mornitor the State’s public facility projects.
Plan and design the terms and specifications for State projects, announce the tenders and
select the contractors and advisory corporations, supervise the execution and handing over
the amounts of payments from the State budget.
To have quality, efficient, cost-effective construction industry within the State that is capable of meeting
adverse needs for safe environmental friendly construction. Rehabilitation and maintenance of Roads, Buildings,
Electrical and Mechanical Works and other works that facilitates social and economic development of the country.
To facilitate provision of economic, safe, environmental friendly and reliable construction industry, Electrical
and Mechanical Services, Government buildings that meet the needs of the public through the development and
implementation of appropriate policies, strategies and standards of the State Government.