Engr. Ogbonnaya Uche Ude hails from Amaekuma Ezeke, Amasiri, Afikpo North LGA.He is Married with children. He graduated from University of Ife (Now Obafemi Awolowo University), Ile Ife. with a B.Sc. in B.Sc. Electronic & Electrical Engineering.
Work & Experience:Immediately after his tertiary education, he has worked in National Electric Power Authority (NEPA), Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) and Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) for about thirty-three (33) years. Retired in July 2016 as General Manager (Projects) in Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN).
Experienced in design, construction and maintenance of high voltage transmission lines and substations.
Membership Of Professional Bodies: Corporate member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and registered with COREN.
The conceptualization of ministry of power is born of the determination of his excellency, Engr. David Umahi Nweze,
the Exceutive Governor of Ebonyi state. To strengthen infrastructural development. Which will play a key role in building
of viable economy, esthetics, and most importantly ensuring protection of lives and properties of Ebonyians which
electricity/power supply provides.
OBJECTIVE OF MINISTRY: Management of power supply and usage in the state. This the Ministry does by carrying out the following:
- Liaising with the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) and the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) to ensure inflow of power to the state from the National Grid.
- Construction of solar power stations, augmented by diesel-powered generating units, in various parts of the state to complement power supply from the National Grid.
- Ensuring optimal utilization of available power to cater for domestic, commercial and industrial needs.
- Following up implementation of on-going Federal and State Government power projects in the state and providing support, where necessary, to ensure their timely completion.
- Cooperating with and supporting would be investors to attract more power to the state.
- Maintenance of state-built power installations and providing support to TCN and EEDC in the maintenance of their power installations in the estate, to ensure healthy performance of such installations.
- Provision of fire safety for government and private establishments in the state.