The Permanent Secretary oversees the day to day administration
of the Ministry, staff control and also the Chief Accounting Officer. Other functions of this
Ministry are performed under the following seven (7) Departments.
- Administration and Supply - Ewah Idam (HOD)
- Finance and Accounts - Alegu (HOD)
- Rural Development - Paul E. Igwe (D/Director)
- Inspectorate and Monitoring - Chukwu I.O (KSM) D/Director
- Local Government Matters - Ezeigwe Innocent (HOD)
- Planning, Research and Statistics - Okah Samuel (HOD)
- Chieftaincy Matters - Nwokoro George (HOD)
PRO - Ibiam Nnenna L.
The Ministry has 73 no. of staff in its payroll. These staff are
distributed to serve the office of the Hon. Commissioner, Permanent Secretary and the Departments
in the Ministry.
Ebonyi State Local Government Joint Account Allocation Committee (JAC) with Hon. Commissioner as
Chairman while the Permanent Secretary serves as Secretary. The Secretariat is at No. 1 Onwe Road,
Abakaliki where the electronic salary payment (e-payment) of the Local Government System is housed.
Traditional Rulers Council Secretariat is also at No. 1 Onwe Road where the Hall and 4 room office
block is located. The Traditional Rulers Council is dissolved and yet to be reconstructed. The HOD
Chieftaincy is in a position to brief you more on this.