Commerce department as a key department in the Ministry is charged with
the responsibility of carrying out the under listed functions:
- Markets development
- Trade matters (Including Trade Fairs, Exhibition and Promotion)
- Supply of essential commodities.
- Trade and Export Promotion matters.
- Trade regulations
- Market research and commercial feasibility.
- Trade Information and price intelligence.
- Trade Associations and Chambers of Commerce.
- Registration of Business premises.
The commerce department is in charge of the International Market located at Onuebonyi, and International
trade centre along Ezza Road, Abakaliki (almost at completion level).